Is moisturizer the one thing you can’t live without? If it isn’t, it should be and the sooner you make it a habit, the better!
Don’t ask why, but the first time the importance of moisturizer really set in was one afternoon while watching Oprah with my step-mom. I was somewhere around 8th grade and we really enjoyed our 4’o clock routine everyday…unusual for a tween to teen…but I learned quite a bit!
That afternoon Oprah had her bestie, Gayle King, on the show and someone in the audience complimented her on her youthful appearance and wanted to know her secret.
The audience was shocked when she said it wasn’t botox! She said, “Honestly, it’s moisturizer. You MUST moisturize your face, neck, and chest everyday and I cannot stress the importance enough.”, and I believed her 100%. Like most things in life…simplicity and persistence is the key…nothing is as complex as we make it to be.
Here are my top 5 picks for moisturizer this year! Of course, there are several others that I love but I’ll save those for later :). These moisturizers are all unique in their own way…so if you’re looking for SPF, rejuvenation, or just moisturization there’s one for you!
- Rejuvenates your complexion
- Lightweight & Fragrance Free
- All skin types
- I probably never would have tried this if I hadn’t been introduced to mineral makeup. Most of the Bare Escentuals Starter Kits come with their moisturizer, so if you want to try both that’s a great way to do it! This moisturizer works best with Prime Time makeup primer if you’re applying mineral makeup…you definitely don’t want to skip that step!
- Won’t clog pores!
- Hypoallergenic & Fragrance Free
- Tinted & Non-Tinted
- 30 SPF or 50 SPF
- Who doesn’t love something by Neutrogena? I came across this moisturizer while staying at the Double Tree Hotel! Very unsuspected, but I should have known that the toiletries would be awesome when I was given a fresh baked cookie at check-in.
- Instantly Hydrates & Rejuvenates
- Oil Free
- All Skin Types
- Origins isn’t as popular as it should be, but those of you that swear by it know why their products are so awesome! I love products that give me an energizing feeling without having to consume extra calories!
- Softens, Smooths, & Improves
- Silky Texture
- Strengthens Skin
- This is my favorite lotion because it’s the only one that keeps my skin moisturized without making it feel oily. It works best with the Clinique 3-Step System, but you don’t have to use them together.
- Available in .5 oz, 2 oz, 4 oz & 8 oz
- Reduces Wrinkles & Discoloration
- Antioxidants for healthier Skin
- Philosophy was introduced to me by my step-granny, and don’t jump to conclusions because she is all about some good products (no White Rain for that chick)! I also love Grace by Philosophy…especially the bubble bath!
Need more top favorite suggestions to bulk up your makeup bag?
Check out these posts:
Do you have a favorite moisturizer that’s not on this list?
Please share in the comment section!
Follow Me on Facebook!
💋 Summer Product FavoritesLoading ...
💋 Salon Color or Box Color?Loading ...
- Loading ...
💋 Use WEN?Loading ...
Tagsalterna bangs bareMinerals Beauty Color colorlines Conditioner DIY giveaway hair haircolor haircolorist haircut Hairspray hairstylist howto infographic joico Julep julepmaven KENRA KENRAColor makeup mascara Matrix Moisturizer nailpolish nails ogle ogleschool Organic PaulMitchell polish products Redken salon shampoo skin Skincare Stylist swatches Tigi treatment Ulta ultabeauty