- Skin & Nails
- Hair Photos
This easy ombre nail tutorial was kindly shared by Julep, a beauty brand that’s won me over for good! Julep is becoming more popular as they expand both online and in stores. Just last year they launched their products at Ulta Beauty stores nationwide and I was so excited to finally be able to recommend my favorites in person!
Ombre isn’t a new trend–we’ve been seeing it for years, on everything from clothing to nail art to hair. And yet, its popularity still isn’t fading! Why? Probably because ombre is so fun to create and so easy to DIY.
Julep has shared a new ombre nail art tutorial that uses colors from their ‘Fall Into Ombre’ Welcome Box – FREE when you join Julep Maven.
Ombre Nail Tutorial
1. Choose three polishes that blend well together, spanning from dark to light.
Not sure what to pick?
You can’t go wrong with a deep, opaque color, a lighter shade of the same color, and white.
Polish your nails with your darkest color. Allow them to dry.
2. Pour two small dollops of your medium and light colors on a smooth surface (like a piece of wax paper).
The two dollops together should be about two-thirds the length of your nails.
Use a toothpick or orangewood stick to swirl them together slightly so they mix in the middle, forming a gradient.
3. Dip the edge of a cosmetic sponge directly into your dollops of nail polish then align the sponge so that the lightest color is at the tip of your nail.
Press the polish onto your nails with the sponge, dabbing and repeating until you achieve the desired effect.
This doesn’t have to be precise!
4. Clean up the edges with our polish corrector pen or a thin brush dipped in polish remover.
Finish with a top coat.
Get the colors used in this look for FREE when you join Julep Maven, the subscription beauty box program.
As a Julep Maven you’ll receive a box of brand-new, full sized nail color and beauty products each month – and you deserve it!
- Julep Maven is affordable. Every month you get more than $40 of full-size products for just $24.99 per month (tip – prepay for three months at a time and save $15).
- Julep Maven is the only customizable box of full-size, limited-run nail colors and beauty innovations. That means no surprises, no dupes or colors you don’t like. You can see what is in your box each month and have the option of swapping out colors/products you already have or don’t want.
- Julep Mavens get 20% off all single product purchases, free shipping, early access to secret sales. If you are passionate about your polish, that adds up to some amazing savings!
LIMITED TIME OFFER! Join Maven and get the 4-piece Ombre Welcome Box FREE ($50+ value) – just pay $2.99 shipping with code FALLGIRL. Want an even better deal? Pre-pay for your first three months of Maven and get the Welcome Box and shipping FREE. Either way, you are going to LOVE being a Maven.
Follow Me on Facebook!
💋 Summer Product FavoritesLoading ...
💋 Salon Color or Box Color?Loading ...
- Loading ...
💋 Use WEN?Loading ...
Tagsalterna bangs bareMinerals Beauty Clinique Color Conditioner cosmetology DIY giveaway hair haircolor haircolorist haircut Hairspray hairstylist howto infographic joico Julep julepmaven KENRA KENRAColor makeup mascara Matrix Moisturizer nailpolish nails ogle ogleschool Organic PaulMitchell polish products Redken salon shampoo skin Skincare Stylist Tigi treatment Ulta ultabeauty