First of all, hate is a strong word. It’s not that we “hate” Sally’s Beauty Supply, it’s that people who aren’t in our industry think it’s better than drugstore products.
Or, they think that buying beauty products at Sally’s is the same as buying them at CosmoProf or Salon Centric.
Sally’s Beauty Supply is open to the public, so anyone can shop there. CosmoProf and Salon Centric are closed to the public, and only licensed professionals can shop in those stores. This is just one way that beauty suppliers control the availability of professional products.
Professional hair color is regulated for many reasons, one being that you need an education in cosmetology to be able to use it. If the same quality of supplies were available to everyone, then that would lower the value of our profession.
I get a lot of comments and e-mails from people saying that they went to Sally’s Beauty Supply and the store associate helped them formulate their hair color. Please, don’t take advice from those store associates. They know nothing except what the store sells. Store associates are not licensed cosmetologists and they cannot give you advice….this is an accident waiting to happen!
It is possible for someone with a cosmetology license to be working as a store associate at Sally’s, but why? If someone is licensed and good at their trade, then they don’t need to work in a supply store for sub-par products. You don’t want that persons advice anyways.
Here’s what we DON’T like about Sally’s Beauty Supply:
- The products suck….for starters.
- They carry hair color that looks like professional hair color, but it’s not.
- The store associates give advice as if they are professionals…causing disasters daily.
- They sell “generic” versions of professional hair products, and people think that it’s quality…the prices are not much lower than the name brand.
- They promote DIY hair services, and people don’t realize that it’s not so easy.
- Cheap hairstylists buy their supplies there, and charge clients the same prices as reputable hair salons(yes, this happens…it’s disgraceful and it gives every a bad rep).
Here’s what we DO like about Sally’s Beauty Supply:
- We can get lower priced supplies- processing caps, perm rods, appointment books, shampoo and color capes, water bottles, etc.
- We get an additional 5% off- it’s already lower priced, the extra discount is definitely a plus.
- It’s easy to find a Sally’s Beauty Supply- there are more of them than there are of the professional supply stores.
- They carry expensive salon equipment at reasonable prices- floor mats, styling chairs, trolley carts, shampoo bowls, etc.
- They carry fun nail supplies- decals, nail art pens, etc.
Follow Me on Facebook!
💋 Summer Product FavoritesLoading ...
💋 Salon Color or Box Color?Loading ...
- Loading ...
- Why Do Hairstylists Hate Sallys Beauty Supply? on
- The Pear Body Shape on
- WEN Causes Hair Loss on
- 5 Shampoos for Hair Loss on
- Product Comparison Charts on
- Beauty Tip #50: Applying Makeup on
- Cloud9 Blemish Control Moisturizer on
- Hair Color At Sally’s Beauty Supply on
- Tea Tree Oil for Acne on
- Should I Use a Derma Roller? on
💋 Use WEN?Loading ...
Tagsalterna bangs bareMinerals Beauty Color colorlines Conditioner DIY giveaway hair haircolor haircolorist haircut Hairspray hairstylist howto infographic joico Julep julepmaven KENRA KENRAColor livingproof makeup mascara Matrix Moisturizer nailpolish nails ogle ogleschool Organic PaulMitchell polish products Redken salon shampoo skin Skincare Stylist Tigi treatment Ulta ultabeauty